Customer and Build Project Manager (Materinty Cover)
Team Description & Purpose of Role
The Build Project Management team act as the principal liaison between the Engineering, Field and Operations groups to support all network build activity. Projects are typically related to new capacity installation, network recovery or infrastructure build projects across Interoute’ s Pan European network.
• Manage assigned network and customer projects to expand or re-size Interoute’ s network
• Ensure projects are implemented in accordance with business commitments and to industry standards
• Ensure Interoute systems are properly maintained and updated to confirm relevant systems and data integrity, logical inventory systems, customer relationship systems etc.
• Interface with all internal teams, Service Delivery, Network Engineering, Field Operations (NOC and Change Control Board), PNOC, Operations as appropriate to coordinate and fully implement build projects.
• Interface with all external stakeholders, suppliers and customers.
• Manage build projects to add, re-size capacity on Interoute core network
• Manage customer driven and customer-facing build and deals.
• Align work processes to defined build KPIs and internal SLAs
• Ensure build integrity in terms of build standards and systems data
• Responsibility to ensure project closure captures financial requirements in terms of budget, labour capitalization and asset tracking and inventory
• Timely liaison and planning with associates to ensure warehouse, engineering and field teams are aligned with their build plans and schedules to ensure build commitment dates are met
• Full ownership of project close and capacity acceptance into Network Operations and Customer Representatives.
• Interface as appropriate with regional management to manage local customs and shipping requirements in order to ensure equipment is delivered to meet build and installation schedules
• Coordinate and lead internal project reviews to ensure communication and planning requirements are aligned across the business
• 2 years previous project management/coordination experience in a Telco/IT environment
• Good knowledge of telco related technologies, Infrastructure and Facility, Transmission , IP and Voice technology and principles. Hosting and Security platforms knowledge is good-to-have.
• Proactive in nature, works to identify ways to continually improve efficiency and results
• Anticipates and analyses problems clearly and determines appropriate solution or alternatives
• Proficient in the use of MS Project Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Siebel CRM system
• Good interpersonal skills
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated with good organizational and communication skills
• A sense of urgency and an ability to convey this to peers, management and suppliers alike
• Attention to detail and highly structured approach to work management
• Able to operate in a cross functional matrix-management environment
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Sense for time management
• Team player
• Flexible and adaptable
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Fluent English language skills are essential
• Other European languages desirable