Team Description & Purpose of Role
Generally accepted to be Europe’s fastest growing telecoms provider, Interoute owns and operates Europe’s most advanced and densely connected voice and data network. It delivers intelligent, customer-controlled network services to a diverse range of businesses including mobile operators, service providers and enterprise customers. Unencumbered by debt, and with established operations throughout mainland Europe and North America, Interoute also owns and operates dense city networks throughout Europe’s major business centres. www.interoute.com
To provide local multi-vendor field operations and maintenance services, in order to ensure industry leading service performance.
To support and ensure a smooth customer experience in conjunction with the Pre-Sales, Service Delivery, Network Infrastructure and Post-Sales teams for all regional orders.
- Day to day support of maintenance and implementation of Networking technologies including SDH, WDM, Hosting / IP Core devices.
- Support the NOC as needed to maintain facility and network continuity.
- To assist NOC with escalations to local suppliers during service delivery and operational stages when needed.
- Be part of On Call support rota enabling 24x7 cover to fulfil operational activities for the region.
- Deliver first line field operations support for the network and the facility teams and ensure availability for out of office hours planned works activity.
- Manage suppliers responsible for installation and routine maintenance of network facilities across the territory.
- Ensure suppliers work in accordance with local safety and security rules.
- Work closely with Service Delivery (local RCSC and central) and Sales to understand and schedule install, testing and de-installation work.
- Take ownership for site documentation for the Frankfurt metro POP sites and remote sites according to the defined standard. To produce, manage and maintain documentation and records, eg as builts, contracts, fibre allocations etc.
- Experience in the field of telecoms fibre networks and network build, multi-site project planning and implementation skills is desirable
- Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in telecommunications and or civil engineering discipline is mandatory
- Good understanding of telecommunications: IP, SDH, WDM, Infrastructure and Hosting
- Strong knowledge of fibre optic testing (OTDR, PMD & Power Meter)
- Strong knowledge of performing end to end and performance testing using Telecom test equipment (SDH, IP and DWDM services)
- Enthusiastic and highly self-motivated
- A sense of urgency and an ability to convey this to staff and suppliers alike
- Highly structured approach to work management with great attention to priorities and detail
- Good commercial awareness
- Experience in transmission, network, hosting and IP services
- Appreciation of cultural differences
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Flexible and adaptable
- Germany and English written and spoken mandatory; proficient in local languages