Hosting Implementation Engineer – Network Security
Team Description & Purpose of Role
Hosting Implementation is part of Delivery UComp and responsible for the logical provisioning of customer’s Hosting components and solutions.
The team works within Service Delivery and cooperates with Project Management, Engineering and Operations teams to ensure the efficient, cost-effective delivery of high-quality Hosting services for external and internal customers.
This role will be great for a great security engineer who enjoys a challenge, who wants to work with a wide variety of projects and customers, and who wants to join a team of talented engineers. We need someone who wants to improve themselves, who wants to share their knowledge, and who likes to get things done
Design & Implementation
• Understand the business requirements and translate them into technical network solutions (capacity and features).
• Support the budgeting and spend justification process (Bills of Material, network drawings etc.)
• Design and plan the customer network in an optimal and cost effective way, according to the company’s technical guidelines
• Produce network engineering solutions and designs, bills of material, implementation & migration plans, operational manuals, etc.
• Carry out implementations and migrations and handover to internal or 3rd party operational teams.
• Review and validate design and migration plans of other engineers (Peer review)
Product Development & Testing
• Perform testing of new software features and major software releases.
• Perform testing on new solutions before handing over to production
• Perform testing as part of RTE&RTO of new company products
• Excellent knowledge of network and application protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, DNS, TLS, LDAP, RADIUS, etc
• Strong knowledge in datacenter design with focus on network security and application delivery solutions
• Strong knowledge in any the following next generation firewall platforms: Check Point, Palo Alto, Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA and FireSight
• Strong knowledge in any of the following NGIPS platforms – Cisco FireSight, Check Point, Palo Alto,
• Knowledge in any of the following secure remote access platforms – CheckPoint, Cisco, Juniper, F5, Palo Alto,
• Experience with cloud based security technologies – Mimecast, Symantec Cloud, Gemalto
• Experience with Vulnerability Management Solutions – Nessus, Qualys
• Experience with SIEM systems (LogRhythm, IBM QRadar)
• Knowledge in any of the following Application Delivery platforms – F5 LTM, Citrix Netscaler
• Knowledge of WAF technologies – F5 ASM, Imperva, Akamai KSD,
• Fluent in English
• Good communicator, team player
• Highly service oriented with customer facing skills
• Ability to be proactive with little supervision and using own initiative
• Flexible approach and able to work under pressure and extended hours