Off-Net Pricing Specialist
Team Description & Purpose of Role
The Carrier Commercial Operations ONP (Carrier Pre-Sales) team is composed of highly-skilled individuals covering a range of disciplines including project management, , supplier management during the presales process, OLO quotation and management, project management, service delivery assistance concerning OLOs, as well as close collaboration with the Enterprise Sales, Enterprise Product Solutions teams to ensure highest quality in delivery of customer service solutions.
• On behalf of the sales force and sales engineering, obtain and administer tail pricing for a specific set of regions to be allocated according to the needs of the Team to locations off-net to the Internet backbone and Metro networks.
• To be the first point of escalation on quote requests - i.e. chasing, communicating with OLOs regarding quotes
• To negotiate prices (i.e. to seek reductions when quotes are confirmed prior to order, to obtain discounts on bundled deals) with OLOs
• Focus on timeliness of tail quotes, accuracy of quote and RFS dates, and balancing best tail price, delivery timescales and supplier quality.
• Assist in maintaining a database of quotes provided, to ensure we are able to estimate budgetary costs where speed is essential and to track same and/or similar requests coming in from different parties.
• Assist with any additional administrative requirements (filing of historical data) when required
• Produces Reports on a timely manner to ensure that quotes are up-to-date and to measure performance of 3rd Party Suppliers and escalates any issues with the Providers of the set of Regions to the Line Manager and the respective Carrier commercial manager/s on a daily and weekly basis.
• Manages the day to day relationship with the 3rd Party Suppliers under the supervision of the Off-net Pricing Manager;
• Major Bids inner and inter team coordination
• Daily relationship with Carrier Commercial Operations team, Services Delivery teams , Sales, Sales Engineering and Products, Bid Management team and Regional Operations;
• Good interpersonal skills in dealing both with suppliers and with sales
• Knowledge of Network and Transport technologies (SDH, MPLS, Ethernet, xDSL etc.)
• Knowledge of the Relevant Carrier Market
• Knowledge of Modern Data services (Ethernet, IP VPN) and Legacy Data Services (Frame Relay, ATM) are highly desirable.
• Fluency in English language is essential
• Fluency in other European language would be highly desirable
• Team player, capable of interacting at all levels and being able to work on own initiative. Flexible to changing and developing role to meet requirements.
• Highly personable, able to influence and positively motivate third party tail providers.
• Flexibility and the ability to adapt with change management are key skills.
• Ability to juggle many activities, some complex, under pressure to tight timescales and changing priorities.
• Excellent communications, interpersonal, influencing and problem solving skills are essential as is the quality of being a team player working closely with all relevant departments within the Interoute organisation.
• Computer literate with demonstrable skills in Excel, Word, Access and MS Project.
• Willing to work hard and dedicated to the role.
• Excellent attention to detail