Service Assurance Manager
Team Description & Purpose of Role
Based at one of two operations centres, this team of service professionals are responsible for all attributes of the service assurance function across the complete portfolio of Interoute’s Products and Services.
The service assurance team is principally responsible for ensuring that all standard operational process and procedures are adhered to in order to meet external SLA’s, achieve defined KPIs and ultimately deliver a high level of customer service satisfaction.
A comprehensive understanding and experience of the following ITIL processes are pre-requisites for this role:
- Incident management
- Request fulfilment
- Problem management
- Service management
A key function of the Service Assurance team is to coordinate and mentor the actions of associated and involved teams and companies (engineering, regional operations, supplier management and customer) in order to deliver optimum results for Interoute’s customers.
Primary responsibility is to be the main customer advocate within the central operations environment and ensure best efforts are always applied and delivered across the organization to achieve optimum customer satisfaction during the lifecycle of the services delivered.
Specifically, the Service Assurance Manager responsibilities refer to the following areas:
- Build excellent relationships with operational and non-operational counterparts within Interoute; 1st and 2nd line engineering teams, sales, service management, vendor and 3rd party management teams, local operation centers and service delivery.
- Work with Engineering, OLO Management and other teams to proactively/reactively identify problems from vendors and third party network provider that could impact the Interoute network and services and manage these through the Problem Management program.
- Active participation in customer specific process development and documentation. To include customer or network specific sensitive programs.
- Act as the first point of escalation for the customer support organisation for all customer incidents.
- Drive incident resolution to service SLA and MTTR targets.
- Ensure internal/external communications are regularly maintained, are concise and accurately delivered.
- Own and manage the progress of customer Incidents/Problems within Operations, clearly recognizing the customer issue and driving to resolution through establishment and engagement of a “virtual support team” drawn from Interoute’s Network, Hosting and Datacenter Operations teams.
- Manage daily internal meetings to track and drive Customer Incident handling.
- Provide detailed post incident / reason for outage reports (RFO) to customers with internal information and reports obtained from third party suppliers/vendors.
- Provide mentoring and guidance for Customer support staff on good customer service practice and Standards.
- Acts as an extension of the customer approval board for request type definition and SLA definition/adherence.
- Review and manage customer change requests that involve internal Interoute departments and external partners. Will include request change scheduling and project management support.
- Aligned with the customer facing role for Incident Management and Request Fulfillment, being an escalation point of contact for Planned Works related concerns (request for additional information, Planned Works postponement or cancellation)
- Coordinate operational actions to enhance customer experience related to Planned Works.
- Conduct Post Incident Reviews and drive operational improvement from the results.
- Manage problem records resulting from reason for outage reports through to resolution
Develop mechanisms for problem analysis from operational reporting data
- Work with nominated leads in each technical function to ensure problem analysis is carried out consistently.
Problem Management Reporting:
- Deliver regular and ad-hoc customer reports to agreed standards and timescales.
- Deliver weekly and monthly reports on problem management across all functions
- Manage Known Error database and produce reporting form the KEDB.
- Ensure problem management is run across incident, change & maintenance programs.
Manage general programs of operational improvement as assigned:
- Handle customer improvement programs as defined or requested by Regional heads, CSAM’s or operational management.
- Work closely with operation centers & planned works team to define common root cause that could be affecting multiple customers.
- Agree improvement & communication plans accordingly.
5+ years Customer Support/Service experience with at least 3 years in a Incident / Service Management role
Experience of working with internationally based customers and service providers
Technical understanding of key services such as Hosting, Security, Application, SDH, Wavelengths, TCP/IP, VPN, and Ethernet.
Depth of understanding of the processes and practices of Customer Support and Service Level Management. (ITIL)
Ability to understand and improve operational process & Procedure.
Proven track record of working within standards based operations environments.
Able to communicate in fluent English and at least one other European Language
Demonstrated ability to matrix manage across the business to achieve maximum results for clients.
Significant experience in managing escalated incidents through to resolution.
Ability to operate within an engineering and Senior Management environment.
Certification in ITIL to Foundation level or above would be a distinct advantage.
High level of customer focus.
Proven achiever with a desire to progress.
Team player but must be able to work on own initiative.
Open mind to different approaches to service development and deployment.
Able to work under pressure and to deadline.
Highly solutions oriented and able to manage and motivate teams in a matrix environment, internally and externally.
Able to influence both senior management and engineers.
Able to resolve problems/incidents quickly, accurately and through to resolution / closure.
Positive and approachable.
Able to demonstrate a high level of trustworthiness.
Able to technically understand the issue and guide others towards a faster resolution.
Fluent in English